By Stephanie, @littlemoonmystic
From September 22 to October 22, the sun is in the harmonious peacemaker, Libra. Our sign of balance as the halfway point in the zodiac, highlights our partnerships + all things aesthetically pleasing. A perfect, if not profound time, to understand how we cohabitate + collaborate with the world within and surrounding us. Libra’s ruling planet, Venus, also encourages us to explore this time through a lens of love + beauty. This doesn’t mean you need a romantic partner to enjoy or embrace these connections! All interpersonal relationships are important during Libra season, and with Mercury in retrograde for much of this time, we will be encouraged to reflect on how we communicate within those relationships + partnerships.
Libra energy is that of diplomacy and fairness, and can get a bad rap for being a bit indecisive. This is because they tend to see things from all sides, so if we can transition from seeing this as a weakness to a strength, Libra reminds us of the power of considering others while considering ourselves.
Here are some tools and practices to help guide you into, and through, this season of creating balance:
- Watermelon Tourmaline
- Rose Quartz
- Lapis Lazuli
- Balancing breath - alternate nostril or nadi shodhana breathing.
- Walking in a beautiful environment, whether in nature or in your town/neighborhood, is great for balancing right brain/left brain connection.
- Work with the Justice or Balance tarot card by placing it on your altar, meditating with it, or adding it as your phone background. You can even write down what these energies mean to you, and how you intend to carry that through—from the sacred ceremony to the simplicity of your everyday.
- Make an altar that highlights the beauty in the world around you. Use flowers, sweets, and essences that invoke a feeling of leave and peace.
- Metta meditation (loving kindness) is a helpful practice to share love with yourself, others, and find balance between it all while maintaining an open and authentic heart.
The start of Libra season is also punctuated by the Autumnal Equinox, the marker of balance between day and night, and when the sunlight starts to wane toward the darker winter months (for the northern hemisphere). Because of this shift, it is an opportune time for transitioning into a new season - both physically and energetically. You can make your altar or intentions around this season as well! Honoring earth, water, fire and air in your offerings, and how you intend to utilize each in harmony with one another, to help support your work of maintaining balance + emotional integrity while transitioning into the less illuminated winter months.
Use these tools in your daily life or in special ceremonies - add crystals to your altar, bath (check to make sure they’re water safe!) or carry them with you, and work with herbs and oils in baths, teas, or even placed lovingly on your altar as an offering to your authentic quest for balance + harmony.
Have a harmonious season, moonbeams!
With a radiant heart,